Friday, April 8, 2011

Texas, here we come!

This is a VERY delayed post, but Scott and I are moving to Texas in about two weeks! We are going out there for a temp summer job. I am so so excited. Probably a little bit more excited than Scott, because my soul craves change! I love to move and see new things, so every chance I get to do it, I try to! We knew a while ago that this was an option, but we were having a hard time selling our lease. We didn't want to say for sure that we were going, but everything is set in stone now. I actually put in my 2 week notice at work. I've worked full time, 12 hour shift graveyards for over a year now, so it will definitely be a big change having a normal sleep schedule. I'm so happy. Working nights affected everything in my life. My eating, my sleep (obviously), my attitude, my energy, etc etc. Not necessarily in a good way either. ha! We are coming back in August and going straight back to school!

I'm actually working as we speak. It's 0200, so only four hours left. All of my words are started to blend together, so if things I'm writing don't make any sense, thats why! My last day is the April 14th. It is definitely bittersweet. I've loved this job more than anything, and it has opened my eyes to so many things. At the same time though, I'm ready to move on to the next chapter in my life. I will miss all of my close friends that I've made at Stonehenge. I've never had a closer bond to my co-workers anywhere else! Driving away saturday morning will be sad, but exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment