Sunday, April 10, 2011

A 4am music post.

Can I please just express my love for Adele? She is phenomenal. I got her new Adele 21 CD last week, and have memorized the entire thing already. I have a 32 hour road trip to thank for that.

My absolute favorite songs on this CD are:

  • Someone like you
  • Set Fire to the Rain
  • Rolling in the Deep
  • Turning Tables
The only thing is, these are all break up songs. I can't relate to most of them. It's the best when you can relate to songs! I mean, I can relate to them. Past break ups are always an option, but lets be honest, I don't think about those anymore now that I'm married. I can't wait for some 'happy, in love' songs. until then...I'm in love with her heartbreak. Hopefully she really isn't heartbroken.

And as we all know, I'm obsessed with The Beatles. I don't really know when it happened. Either listening to them growing up, or when I actually started to appreciate music. Their lyrics are always so meaningful to me for some reason. Sure, they were on drugs for a lot of them, but they came out with the songs none the less. I've been listening to Let it Be a lot lately. It is one of their more popular songs, so I'm sure pretty much everyone knows it. 

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be,

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, 

This song seriously calms me. "Let it Be" is probably a phrase all of us need to remember at one point or another... I know I do. 



A funny story about them..
I was driving in my car and was in the process of trying to find something decent on the radio. I either got Lady GAG, Kesha, Bruno Gay, Ushers stupid new era of music ( I liked his old stuff) , etc etc I think you get my point. I obviously couldn't find anything, got frustrated, so I put on the Beatles. I secretly wished that The Beatles still did concerts and went on with my day. The next day I walked into my kitchen, and my mom said "Guess who is coming to concert?" I don't remember what I said back, but when she said Paul McCartney I started bawling. Yes, literally bawling. I went to the concert alone because none of my friends cared enough to spend the money on the tickets. My mom, the wonderful woman she is, bought me a floor ticket. I had the best seat ever, I didn't even care I was alone because I was literally living my dream. 


Some other classics that I love are..

  • Here Comes the Sun
  • Eleanor Rigby
  • We Can Work it Out
  • Help! 
  • Can't Buy Me Love 
  • Blackbird
  • She's a Woman
  • She's Leaving Home
  • Twist and Shout
  • Yesterday
  • Hey Jude
Anyway. I think you all get the point. I love them, always will. I don't care how many people bash on them. Some people just don't like the old classic sound. They would rather listen to some freak covered in meat and rebirthing herself out of an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment